Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Simplify

I was sitting in the van with my boys the other day while Kellar and Ashleigh were exchanging a gift; I was thinking about this year and if I could put one word to it what would it be. SIMPLIFY That's it. From this one word came my new blog title. As our journey to Ethiopia has ended I felt lost in what to blog. However our adoption of Tewodros has not ended. We are in the paperwork process and contacting a lawyer to help in all the legalities. I desire to complete all this real soon as this has been an added stress on me and others.
Our 3 gifts at Christmas will continue this year, simplify
I have already purged through my cookbooks. With the internet (allrecipes.com my favorite site for recipes) I no longer have to thumb through cookbooks, they can be so overwhelming at times. Less books, simplify
I asked Kellar for a David Nevue CD for Christmas. I first heard his music on another blog and it was exactly what I needed to calm me and bring me to worship Jesus. Piano music, simplify
Candles being lit almost every night, simplify
Less TV, simplify
Okay I have 3 kids who are hungry, fast food as daddy is picking up international students.

No comments: